Saturday, November 01, 2008

I'll be the one with a box of tissues

(mostly ripped off from a post I left at the ever interesting and meditative kubla kong blog - because I had to talk about it)

On Monday, my husband and I will be witnesses to AT and Karen's marriage. It, falling on November 3 (the day before Californians decide on Prop 8), will be a wee hasty/shotgun/guerrilla affair - a secular, but heartfelt gathering off the back of a pickup truck in the high desert.

Neither bride will be wearing white, but the champagne will be cold, and Nick Cave, Lucinda Williams, and the Phoenix Foundation will be on the truck stereo.

After 12 years together, our friends decided that this was what they wanted. We are honored to support them. I am only sorry that their right to marry or not to marry is even an issue.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Thanks for the plug, tomatohead. "Meditative" is nicer than "meandering," which is often my own impression of my blog.

Joe

Tomatohead said...

Never "meandering."