Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Ups and downs

Let us keep that wonderful new President Elect of ours safe and sound. He has a lot to do. I was impressed with McCain's concession speech. I wish that was McCain who ran.

Here in California, we like those chickens lots more than people it seems. Jerry Brown, whose current incarnation is our Attorney General, says the marriages will stand. The girls are headed down to the Independence Courthouse right now to get a copy of their license.

I was in a bit of a funk all morning until the girls came over to pick up their car, Charlotte (a fine night was had by many in Downtown Bishop last night). They were happy. They were still married. We were all proud that at least 2,846 of us in Inyo County - a full 40 percent- were not homophobes. We will revisit this issue again.

2 comments:

BookyG said...

My emotions are kinda haywire now, but the Prop 8 thing is really getting to me. 60% on Inyo county voted for it, that means some people I know, people I may even consider friends, are bigots. I didn't think it would pass. I didn't do enough to stop it from passing. If you can really change the state constitution with only 50% of the vote, than we can change it back again. Maybe not next year, but in ten years? I've got to have hope, because the whole thing makes me sick.

Sphenodon said...

Nothing to do with your blog :) but in response to your comment on mine.

Yes, Fraser from Bodega - he sold the bar and is now the Regional Wines beer lad - will pass on a 'hi' :)

Yeah Belgian lambics are my thing too. There's two in my top 3 beers :) (the other being Thomas Hardy Ale, if indeed that is a beer at all!).

Haven't tried the Glenmorangie but I dare say at some point...
Cheers, B.