Monday, August 11, 2008

Why I need a nap

I have a hard time getting back to sleep in the middle of the night. The monkey mind takes over and races. So, I think, the next time I see my nurse practitioner, I will ask for a bit of chemical help.

Yes, yes, I did years of yoga and breathing. Deep breathing involuntarily kicks in during the day and sometimes help.

But, I have the personality that rather worries a lot, is easily distracted, and has rather thin skin. Long dark nights seem to exacerbate these traits. I'm hoping that getting a bit more sleep and exercise will help me refocus on what really is important - namely, Wyatt (whose morning glucose numbers are still out of whack), Matt, and me and our lives together.

3 comments:

BookyG said...

I'm surprised you have thin skin, or that you worry. You always seem so together, it is kinda unnerving.

michelle p said...

I think you're holding up quite well despite the 3 am monkey boy test sessions. It was great sharing your BLTs and seeing Judy. Going to try making bahn mi this weekend. Will let you know how it goes.

Tomatohead said...

Booky, don't be unnerved. I'm just a good actor, apparently.

Goodluck w/ the Asian sandwich sensation, NN.