Sunday, February 04, 2007

Wilhemina Graham Presents

Two things keep me cheerful: the possibility of bringing the Phoenix Foundation through the Owens Valley to play a few gigs in May and going to Belgian Beer Weekend in Brussels this September.

I feel sorry for friends in Bishop and Mammoth. I keep nagging, quizzing, brainstorming with them about the viability of hosting gigs here. I've got the lovely Michelle who will ask the Icebreaker rep she knows if the company will consider sponsoring a gig in Mammoth. I mean, Icebreaker is Kiwi and indie and the band are Kiwi and indie. I gave Michelle a long page of talking points and remembered another this morning, the star of Eagle vs. Shark, a film the Phoenix Foundation scored, was an Icebreaker model.

The Valley is just so isolated and beautiful and its denizens are so appreciative and supportive. We definitely need more rock and roll in our lives. That, plus we are on the long route between LA and SF.

So, at night I try to read up about putting on and promoting small gigs, think about logistics, money, etc. It beats thinking about being addicted to Oxycontin and going to physical therapy for months and months on end to build up a broken hip.

No comments: