Monday, February 19, 2007

Gung Hay Fat Choy

My mom is 60, which makes her an auspicious piggy this year. The boy and I will have a contest to see who can go the longest without a hairwashing. The Chinese believe that it's bad luck to wash one's hair on or close to Chinese New Year.

We went down to LA to celebrate the new year with Naomi and Dave. Jean-Michel and Lucie and Michelle and other nice folks were there, too. It was fun. It was more traditional than I've had it in years and years and years.

The boy was a doll baby and mostly kind and even tempered. There is a god.

I got my fill of tripe and Asian food. We returned the Saeco and came home to the Rancilio Silvia waiting for us on the doorstep. There is a god, and he loves us! We are not cremamasters yet, but the shots are already smoother and lovelier than from the best ones from the Saeco.

No comments: