Friday, February 23, 2007

Decaf, take me away

Yesterday, I had six shots in three coffee drinks. Konrad's cappuccino at Black Sheep still slays me. I didn't order it, but that place is like Cheers and like our old bar in Hong Kong, they start pulling your drink the minute you walk through the door.

Konrad and Peter are going to the Western Regional Barista Comps in a few weeks. Matt and I won't be going as part of the support team because we have a weddin' to attend, but GO EASTSIDE!

Pulled the first shot I have liked on the Silvia- George Howell's DECAF La Lapa from Costa Rica. You wouldn't know that it was decaf. Lovely crema. Smooth. Fine with or without milk. We are really starting to geek out, keeping a notebook of grind settings and relative humidity for different beans.

No comments: