Monday, October 02, 2006

It is the First Monday in October

...which means the Supreme Court convenes for a new term. I hope that the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are not rarin' to have a go at Roe v. Wade.

It snowed in the Sierras last night. The days are still gorgeous down here in the Valley. Our highs are in the high 70s, and the views are clear, clean. Been playing Humphreys and Keen's "The Overflow" pretty much once a day. There's a track called "The End of Golden Weather." It's not the case here, yet. (Having said that, Karen, Matt, and I stacked two cords of firewood (almond, olive, and oak) last Thursday night.)

I'm particularly addicted to the CD, especially the track "12,000 Miles" and its rocking secret bit at the end. I hang on to certain phrases that allude to falling in love, long absences, sea faring, nihilistic romeos, devastating whores - all that. You can have a listen at CDBaby.

The baby is either having or not having an earache. Since he seems particularly easy going and monkeylike otherwise, Matt and I have decided not to drag him to the Nurse's Office.

Wellington's Phoenix Foundation are playing a date in Los Angeles around the end of the month. Janet and I had such a good time at their first shows that I think we'll get a bigger crowd to come. My Dad has even offered to babysit the boy if my Mom can't. Three cheers. TPF are such a hardworking, lovely, lovely band that it is well worth the five hour drive to see them play.

No comments: