Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bishop is the land of relentless sunshine...nah nah nah nah nah....

We had a brief flirtation with an overcast day. It was the day of Tom's service. I couldn't stop crying. He was loved by heaps, and I think he would have been a little embarrassed by the numbers that turned out to say goodbye. I have just gotten to the point that I can cycle or drive up his street without bawling. His wife Jackie and I sit on the front porch and have good chats. It's comforting. The boy and I take Tom's fat dogs for a walk when we can.

All the other days since have been relentlessly sunny. Maybe it's the angle of the sun in the sky, but are those super shiny god beams blinding our eyes?

It's cool enough in the evenings that Janet has been firing up the sauna regularly and we have been having a fire or two during the week.

Monkeyboy has taken to calling the moon "Mama" and pictures of cowboys on broncos "Dada". Awesome.

No comments: