Sunday, May 31, 2009

Monsoons!

We have had over a week of afternoon monsoons. Hardly anybody is complaining about it - it's so very exotic for 'round these parts. Rain in the afternoon. Rain in the evening. Rain meaning a very big drop or two of something wet from the sky - so big and so wet that you are sure it's a bird dropping and check. Cycling in it has been wonderful.

We are still getting an appearance of that hot yellow orb in the sky and a large enough dose that many of us are plenty nut brown enough for the season.

Some of the tomato plants are taller than me.

1 comment:

Diane said...

So have we! It's been incredibly wonderful. Rain makes me feel so cheerful and we hardly ever get any in a high altitude desert. It rained all last night with heaps of thunder and lightning. And it's been raining softly all day today.

If I don't look around too much, I can pretend I'm in wonderful, wonderful Oregon.