Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Silly fantasy fluff goes here

I have started to play Lotto. For $1-2 a week, I can entertain myself with thoughts of what I'd do with all that ungodly amount of money. I don't fantasize about the good things I could do. I fantasize about my rock and roll promoter ambitions. So, this is how I would spend some of the money:

  • Buy a Fender Passport Portable PA and generator so I could do wee concerts outside, guerrilla style.
  • Jack the house up and excavate us a basement that could be used as a music venue/dancehall.
  • Put on a mini festival featuring those NZers the Mutton Birds, SJD, and the Phoenix Foundation in Golden Bay's Mussel Inn.
  • Buy a Mercedes 15 seater transit van that bands could use to tour the States.
Silly, I know.

It is a diversion from the headlines I have been reading re: Mumbai. The picture of distraught 2 year old Moshe Holtzberg, who lost his parents, was so very sad.

No comments: