Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the laundry list of medical curiosities

  • It was a year ago today that Wyatt got diagnosed with diabetes...and what a year! 2,000+ blood glucose tests and some 1,500 shots later, we are starting to get our heads around the disease.
  • I have a raging case of pink eye.
  • I saw Dr. Perry, one of my two surgeons, yesterday and he gave me the go ahead to wait until late spring to have my angle plate removed from my left hip (I have some concerts to put on and some skiing to do) and until fall to have my second femoral rotational osteotomy. He was rather pleased with the x-rays of my hip.
  • On Monday, we go see Wyatt's endocrinologist at Childrens Hospital LA.
  • On Tuesday, we see Wyatt's GERD nurse practitioner at Childrens Hospital LA.
  • Genevieve seems to be squeezing out her baby boy today.*
  • It was also a year ago today that Karen nearly killed herself by allergic reaction to something...on AT's birthday!

*It appears that G labored for 30 hours before they gave her a C-section. Many thoughts for a speedy recovery.

No comments: