Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Party lurgy

I brought home the lurgy from Buenos Aires and have a pretty bad cough. I just now realized that I haven't gone past the driveway in seven whole days. I have laryngitis and I am loathe to talk.

Still, I don't want for company. Motorcycle Michelle, Matty, Karen, AT, etc. organized a birthday bash for me last Sunday and nearly 50 folks turned up in the spirit of Russ Meyer's Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Women embraced their inner bad girls and looked like a Hollywood dream. Michelle set up her movie screen and showed said film in the backyard. AT and Mixologist Michelle held down the bar and made cocktails with St. Germaine, the elderflower liqueur. It was neat!

Mixologist Michelle has moved into the trailer for a wee while. Sniffy Mark is visiting from the Bay Area because he had to install his show at the Inyo Council for the Arts. It's mule packers' stories told in ceramics and haiku in a joint collaboration between Mark and Matty's Dad, Walter.

Life back at home, even from the view of the couch, is still pretty eventful.

No comments: