Sunday, April 05, 2009

Got outskied by a 4 year old today

Babbo didn't throw one hissy fit and skied until the Discovery Chair closed.
I only threw one minor hissy fit (about driving around the Mammoth Mountain lot) and skied until the Discovery Chair closed.
Babbo skis the fall line and can stop.
I can't ski the fall line and can stop (because I ski so slowly).

Babbo 1 Mommy Nil.

Oh, he can also do the near splits AND plow the snow with his helmeted head while skiing! Amazing.

I now know that Matty drinks mainly from the well of infinite patience. I, on the otherhand, drink from the well of impending crabbiness. Shit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Crabby mom:
Hmmm.....
TeenBabbo+menopause=
Nonstop mirth and hilarity?
Good reason to keep the blog up-and-running for another couple of decades!
SC

Tomatohead said...

and I know we shall still be friends.

The other night Wyatt told our girlfriend, "Mommy said the fucking message yesternight!" in response to some bad temper I displayed (not a highpoint in parenthood for sure). I apologized profusely the next morning when he said "Mommy, it hurt my heart when you used that bad word." I also put some cash money in the "Our Lady of Perpetual Keg and Diminishing Swear Words" box.

Mirth and hilarity, if you can stand the swearing.

Speaking of swearing and blue humor, I've got an interview w/ Graeme Humprheys you should hear....

Anonymous said...

See, now, when he's older, he'll zing you with something along the lines of: "It hurt my *pancreas* when you used that bad word":)

Take it from another only child....

SC