Monday, April 28, 2008

backyard epiphanies


It is spring. Nearly 100 of my wee baby apples are wearing wee stockings in an effort to foil the coddling moth. My husband and son are working side by side on my rather expensive, but out of warranty, blender in the next room. I have a beer buzz on.

The pin oaks are leafing out, starting with the northernmost trees, working their way south. There is a Sierra wave cloud formation.

We showed the Over the Atlantic someplace special and they gave us a lovely, fun show.

We hit our $3,000 medical deductible in less than three months, so theoretically, prescriptions and procedures will be free from here on out.

All the accoutrements of middle age (e.g. the statins for the cholesterol) seem to be working.

The drip watering system is making our backyard a lush oasis in the high desert. We seem to have the most hummingbirds of anybody in town.

I can say "no" to the heaps of neighborhood kids who want to play on the playground set Nicole gave Wyatt, but invite them back for a playdate when either Matt or I can be around.

Our renter at our "retirement home" is great.

Tomato and basil planting season has begun. The snow peas have started to blossom and pod out.

Matty, Wyatt, and I are all in a lovely, mellow mood. (and this is where the great "Kids in the Hall" line goes, "Yes, but for how long?")

No comments: