Saturday, May 19, 2007

Concert Promotion Bizzo


There has been great response to the upcoming show. Kids who don't get out of the Valley much say they are coming. Grizzled old timers say they are coming. District attorneys and city councilors say they are coming.
I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Folks are getting ready for the "It's a Lie!" singalong on Nest Egg.

We've got almost all the backline secured and on a donation basis to boot. Just need to find a drum set. Who knew there were so many sets of congas in the Owens Valley?
We've got this fantabulous mural of Paas bunnies riding a UFO hovering over a herd of stampeding horses.
We've got donations from local businesses.

Even still, between the venue hire, guarantee, PA system hire, and a few other sundry things, I've gone past the $1,000 mark. Good thing we have a home equity line of credit we don't use very much.
Any money made will go towards these expenses and anything left over will be icing for the band and the opening act. We're also selling a locals' edition t-shirt (see one incarnation above) and profits off that will go the band, too.
Matty and I are kicking in for the ear plugs, glow sticks, and dessert for the gig and food, booze, hot spring passes, and accommodation for the guys. Rock and roll hostel. Yeah! Luckily our house used to be a boarding or whore house, so we've got the room.

Bless Bibi. She's flying across the country and taking a week off work to help. Bless everyone like Janet, Michelle, AT, Karen, Matty, Derik, Zach, Milo etc. who have already spent hours listening to my nattering on about details and hours working on T-shirts, giveaways, etc.
For liability reasons, I am operating this show like a house concert. This means using the invite system, heavily policing for underage drinking, and running it as a not-for-profit deal.

I've learned heaps. I am fairly focused. I am scared and thrilled all at once. If it goes well, I think I could handle doing this once a year.
Babbo is pretty excited about "the band" coming. He thinks they are coming to play for him.

Matty has his old Hobiecat sailboat. I have my rock and roll bands. We all have our expensive hobbies.