Saturday, December 02, 2006

meat pies and dreams of men

The household is powering through a case of frozen meat pies from Z-pies in Placerville. These guys don't do beef pies as well as The New Zealander in Alameda, but their assortment of chicken and other pies will do. Their demi-puff top crust is among the best, too. I wish I had a bottle of Watties tomato sauce instead of Heinz. There's something about that anise and pruney sweetness that goes so well with a pie.

Been having strange dreams. I saw my good friend Tom, who passed away recently. He was dead and slowly decomposing, staying in an unused room in his house. He was aware of being dead, but could still talk and move. He was still so kind and sweet. He knew I was afraid to hold his hand because I thought it would be cold. It wasn't. He was "hanging on" so his family wouldn't miss him so. It was really quite sad. I got a lovely card from his wife the morning after I had the dream. We've since talked about it and had a good cry.

I did have a fun dream where I went with Matt and Bibi to see Don McGlashan play a college gig. I actually have had regular Mutton Bird/Front Lawn dreams for years. It always involves going to see them or at least Don McGlashan play live. It was a great show. The new songs - there was even one about TB- were great. Silly.

No comments: